U.I.V.P The 4 Elements Defined
U - Understanding
V - Value
I - Interactive
P - Professionalism
The greatest power of these 4 Elements is when you as a Client need a Service Provider to see why you are the Preferred Customer they want to work with. From there it is a simple conversation to help you determine and define your power as a valued Customer. If you understand and can perform to the standards you have set with your defined values.
Understanding = A basic understanding of the challenge and possible outcome need to be achieved.
- Possess specific knowledge or understanding to articulate and develop objectives for your project
- Possess ability to articulate a process and/or solution(s) for project
- Possess skills and/or resources to help provide solutions and standards specific to your project
- Possess judgment to advise on your project’s main direction or outcomes
Value = Appreciation of various contributions.
- Value other’s expertise
- Value others time with punctuality
- Value other’s efforts
- Value others as equal
Interactive = Continual engagement in the process with input and feedback about the direction of your project
- Timeliness with additional research or changes
- Pertinent feedback
- Remains engaged with the process and other participants
- Commitment to collaborate
Professionalism = Possess a set of standards and expectations appropriate for the situation of the project.
- Professional appearance, conduct, and keeping personal views in check
- Takes personal responsibility for character, actions, and performance
- Takes responsibility for their part
- Appropriate reaction to project challenges